Re: From wheezy to stretch: can't start X session when logging in from kdm

On Sun, 8/23/15, Jimmy Johnson <field.engineer@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's a bug, https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=796098

It may be the same issue though I'm not sure why I was getting the error about missing /home/luser/.Xsession file. I manually copied /etc/kde4/kdm/Xsession file as /home/luser/.Xsession but that can't be a part of the normal installation procedure. Even stranger, wheezy was able to start KDE from kdm just fine without any .Xsession / .xsession file in my home dir.

Any ideas? Thanks