Re: sound stopped working after upgrade

Le sextidi 16 thermidor, an CCXXIII, Bruno Schneider a écrit :
> Therefore, I'm starting to think it is an ALSA problem. But I don't
> know where to continue my search for errors.

I gave a few hints about the tools to use for that in this message:

>     $ grep Codec /proc/asound/card1/codec#0
>     Codec: Realtek ALC269VB

I do not know what "codec" means exactly in that context, but I am quite
sure that it is the least useful information for troubleshooting basic
issues. I would say that it is only useful when there is a problem directly
in the kernel code.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George