Re: GTK3-apps: Scrollbar jumps to the bottom after scrolling with mouse wheel when regaining focus

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015, at 07:08, Nils Dallmeyer wrote:
> I use XFCE and if I move the cursor to the taskbar and back
> again to evince and then I scroll a little bit up or down, the
> scrollbar jumps to the bottom (thus evince jumps to the last page).

I use Openbox without any desktop environment and I saw this problem
just yesterday. In my case, the PDF was very large (70+ pages) and the
scrollbar did not jump all the way to the bottom when I scrolled down
with the mouse wheel, but it did go much further than I expected. This
only happened when scrolling down, not when scrolling up.

As you described, moving the mouse off of the evince window and then
back onto the evince window seems to trigger the effect. It doesn't seem
to matter where the mouse moved or even if the window actually lost
focus -- as long as the mouse moved out of the window, the effect was
triggered. But the "jump" would only happen once until the next time the
mouse was moved in this manner. After the "jump," manipulating the
scroll position with the mouse scroll wheel behaved normally.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015, at 07:08, Nils Dallmeyer wrote:
> This is only one example, it seems that the loss of focus is enough to
> cause this bug in any GTK3-app with scrollbars.

Do you remember what other apps have exhibited this behavior? Is it
possible that it was really only evince? I didn't actually try any other
applications when I saw this behavior, nor do I really have any other
GTK3 apps installed.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015, at 07:08, Nils Dallmeyer wrote:
> GTK2-apps and QT-4/5-apps don't make any trouble, therefore I guess it
> has something to do with GTK3 and/or XFCE but I am not able to find
> out which package is affected.

At least now we know it's not XFCE! But until we pin down what is
causing this, I don't feel comfortable reporting a bug -- I'm not sure
which package it could be, either.

The trouble is that I am no longer seeing this behavior in evince, which
makes it difficult to run further experiments. I'll keep an eye out and
report back if I see it again.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015, at 07:08, Nils Dallmeyer wrote:
> I currently use the Testing Distribution (Debian 4.0.8-1 (2015-07-11)
> x86_64 GNU/Linux). The bug occured the first time before a few days.

I use Stretch as well.