Re: Superfluous RAID member

Op Thu, 16 Jul 2015 20:53:54 +0200, schreef Pascal Hambourg:

> Linux4Bene a écrit :
>>
>> Could it be that grub is confused by the mdadm 0.9 metadata at the end
>> of the disk?
>
> Maybe. This is typically the kind of problem which can happen with the
> 0.9 superblocks. Why are you using this obsolete format ? You should use
> the newer 1.x format, specifically 1.2 (superblock near the beginning of
> the device) if no adverse requirements. It is the default.
>
> May I also ask why you created a separate /boot ?

Well, I have tried so many configs to get this dedicated server up and
running, that I tried a whole bunch of scenarios.
The OVH rescue system only loads raid partitions of the type 0.9.
It didn't look like it wanted to read my type 1.2 raid partitions.
I will try a new install with their installer and see what happens.
Is there a way to convert the 0.9 metadata to 1.2?

>> When I dd'ed, it was only the 40 GB at the start of the disk,
>> not at the end. Any way I can remove this error and not having my LVM
>> data destroyed?
>
> Maybe, but it depends on how the disks were previously partitionned.
> --metadata= can be added to --zero-superblock to specify which kind of
> superblock you want to erase.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

Regards,
Bene