Re: Superfluous RAID member

Op Sun, 19 Jul 2015 15:36:07 +0000, schreef Linux4Bene:

> Well, I have tried so many configs to get this dedicated server up and
> running, that I tried a whole bunch of scenarios.
> The OVH rescue system only loads raid partitions of the type 0.9.
> It didn't look like it wanted to read my type 1.2 raid partitions.
> I will try a new install with their installer and see what happens. Is
> there a way to convert the 0.9 metadata to 1.2?

Also, as my initial setup attempts resulted in a non booting server, I
tried the same installation method on a Virtual machine. There the same
method of installation worked.
I then found a post that said grub 2 couldn't boot from a boot on raid
partition if the metadata was anything else then 0.9
As I said, since I've tried a lot of different setups, my last few tries
where with 0.9 metadata.

Cheers,
Bene