Re: Superfluous RAID member

Linux4Bene a écrit :

> Could it be that grub is confused by the mdadm 0.9 metadata at the end of
> the disk?

Maybe. This is typically the kind of problem which can happen with the
0.9 superblocks. Why are you using this obsolete format ? You should use
the newer 1.x format, specifically 1.2 (superblock near the beginning of
the device) if no adverse requirements. It is the default.

May I also ask why you created a separate /boot ?

> When I dd'ed, it was only the 40 GB at the start of the disk,
> not at the end. Any way I can remove this error and not having my LVM
> data destroyed?

Maybe, but it depends on how the disks were previously partitionned.
--metadata= can be added to --zero-superblock to specify which kind of
superblock you want to erase.