Re: shutting off screen blanker forever?

Gene Heskett wrote on 07/16/2015 02:31 PM:
> On Thursday 16 July 2015 16:25:29 Mike Castle wrote:
>> For xfce, you might try this:
>>
>> Settings Manager > Session and Startup > Application Autostart
>> Scroll down and uncheck Screensaver.
>
> Hadn't thought of that, thanks. I did set it by unchecking all the
> blankers and setting the times north of 10 hours, which if that works,
> is tolerable for the application.

If the blanking is caused by a screensaver application under the control of
your desktop environment, that should work (I guess).

But if it's caused by either DPMS being invoked, or X blanking the monitor,
then you'll need to explicitly change the behaviour by editing an xorg.conf
file if you really want to eliminate the blanking.

I happened to write up exactly how I did this earlier today:

http://drevans.blog.enginehousebooks.com/2015/07/preventing-dpms-operation-in-x-in.html

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR