Re: normalize-audio and video files

Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> writes:

> If using that kind tool, then better use a real
> recent FFmpeg (either using the one from Sid or
> building from source), because it has the following
> filters that allow to do more work directly:

I'm not getting into FFmpeg vs. avconv.

For the solution Mr. Marjal suggested it doesn't
matter either what I can see as the solution was
getting the audio out, normalize it (e.g., with
normalize-audio), then putting it back together, so
the only thing FFmpeg/avconv would to is getting
out/in the audio, which I suppose both are capable of.

But I still don't understand why the pros of
audio/video don't do this, as it is so simple.
The pros should want, do, and use it, not some guy who
wants to listen to Air and Blümchen without having to
adjust the volume!

Well, nothing to get excited 'bout, I suppose.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573