Re: Upgrade from Squeeze to Wheezy Killed Sound on Dell Board.

Javier Barroso writes:
> There is a page on the wiki [1] where give you details about cs4236
> devices on Debian (and why they were excluded from Distribution. I'm
> not sure if cs4236B is included. I hope it work too,

	I looked there and didn't see any documentation stating
that the 423X series which appears to run from CS4231 through
CS4239 and lots of revisions such as the CS4236B is no longer
supported. I also found the following kernel module:

/lib/modules/3.2.0-4-686-pae/kernel/sound/isa/cs423x/snd-cs4236.ko

which makes me think it should still work.

The strangest thing about all of this is that even though the
plug-and-play detection software sees the CS4236, the final
state of the system after it is in multi-user mode sees no sound
cards at all.

Martin