Re: Upgrade from Squeeze to Wheezy Killed Sound on Dell Board.

Dan Ritter writes:
> A cheap USB audio device is probably a good bet. For example,
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812186035&cm_re=usb_audio-_-12-186-035-_-Product
>
> is an $8 USB device that I can verify works with Debian and Mac
> OS X.

That is a very good suggestion. I haven't tried that yet but I
have a couple of USB sound cards that have worked well on this very
system in the past.

	For those who are curious, I usually have another older
P.C. running it's debian kernel with speakup enabled for a
talking terminal and then I ssh to other systems or use ckermit
to a serial console on them to do work so only one computer
needs to talk. If you have a serial console, one can communicate
with a unix system that is very, very sick even if it can't get
on to the network right now. Now that wheezy boots up, I can go
to single-user mode to make backup copies of the boot drive and
since this is wheezy, the device nodes are much more sane and dd
doesn't make you wonder if you are trashing your master copy
instead of copying it to a safe place.

Again, thanks.

Martin McCormick