Re: Upgrade from Squeeze to Wheezy Killed Sound on Dell Board.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 7:01 PM, Martin G. McCormick
<martin@server1.shellworld.net> wrote:
> Javier Barroso writes:
>> There is a page on the wiki [1] where give you details about cs4236
>> devices on Debian (and why they were excluded from Distribution. I'm
>> not sure if cs4236B is included. I hope it work too,
>
>         I looked there and didn't see any documentation stating
> that the 423X series which appears to run from CS4231 through
> CS4239 and lots of revisions such as the CS4236B is no longer
> supported.
Sorry I had dyslexia ... I did not read correctly.

I suppose you have not mute the sound , at ubuntu there was a user
with the same version of kernel (3.2 and alsa 1.0.25):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/1097022

I would try to compile alsa following the wiki guide, but not sure
about possible results :
http://www.alsaa.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Module-cs4236

Sorry wasting your time.

Regards,