Re: [jessie] how to use fonts from cm-super-x11 in X?

Siard wrote on 07/15/2015 08:00 AM:
> D. R. Evans wrote:
>> The description of the package cm-super-x11 says:
>>   "This package makes the cm-super fonts available to X11. This
>> package does not contain any fonts itself but allows one to reuse the
>> cm-super fonts as X11 screen fonts."
>>
>> Nice, but how does one actually use these fonts once the package has
>> been installed?
>>
>> I ran xlsfonts, and the output seems no different; in particular, I
>> see no trace of any cm fonts in the listing.
>
> In xlsfonts, these fonts are named 'computer modern'.
> xlsfonts may need a restart to show them.

I rebooted before I posted, because I know that fonts sometimes need various
things to be restarted before being recognised, and I thought that a reboot
was the cleanest way to be certain that everything would be initialised properly.

They still don't appear:

----

n7dr@shack:~$ xlsfonts | grep comp
n7dr@shack:~$

----

> I can see these fonts in LibreOffice, also named 'Computer Modern'.
>
> The X11 fonts are located in /usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1 and have names
> like sfrm1000.afm & sfrm1000.pfb etc.  They are just links to the Tex
> fonts, located in /usr/share/texmf/fonts.

Yep; those links are there.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR