[Bug] Dhclient gets hostname correctly on 64-bit Debian 8.0, but not on 32-bit

Hi,

I've had some weird problems with central hostname management. After a
week of pulling out my hair, I can say definitely that I've found a bug.

I'm fiddling with two different Debian sandbox PC's. They don't have any
'hardcoded' hostname definition, only 'localhost' in /etc/hostname and
'localhost.localdomain' in /etc/hosts. They should get their hostname
(FQDN) on boot time from the local Dnsmasq server.

The two boxes only have a minimal Debian install. No X, no GUI, only an
SSH server.

On the 64-bit machine, everything happens as expected, and 'hostname' as
well as 'hostname --fqdn' return the correct values.

On the 32-bit machine, I only get 'localhost' and 'localdomain'.

The thing is: the hostname *sometimes* (!!!) gets sent to the 32-bit
Debian client. But more often than not, it fails.

Maybe the devs can look into this.

Cheers,

Niki Kovacs
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat