Re: Comments on Lenovo desktops

On 07/13/2015 04:09 AM, Andrew Wood wrote:
> I had a Lenovo ThinkPad i could not get its broadcom wifi to work with debian i think because it had a tranistor based power switch which was off by default and needed windows only drivers to turn it on and then the screen failed when it wasnt very old.  Would never consider another lenovo product

I think its a bit silly to discredit an entire company simply because a
single piece of a single product didn't work the way you *assumed* it would.

I've had my IdeaPad for ~ a year now and haven't had any hardware
related problems (except for bumblebee being weird). As for their brand
credibility, they did mass install certificates which is kind of a dick
move, but if you wipe the OS you shouldn't have anything to worry about.