Re: Comments on Lenovo desktops

On 07/13/2015 12:04 PM, Haines Brown wrote:
I purchased a ThinkPad (x250) installed Sid using ethernet, and just
as I read your message set up wireless. I had to install the driver
for the card (firmware-iwlwifi), had to work around the annoyance
that the RF-kill switch (F8) has no LED to indicate its status, had
to set up my interfaces to use wlp3s0 rather than wlan0. Did an
ifdown eth0 and ifup wlp3s0 and am now relying on wireless
connection. The only problem is that wicd-gtk does not see the
wireless network for some reason.

Wicd fails to see the wireless network even after setting wlp3s0 as the wireless interface in the General Settings tab of the Preferences dialog?

Please forgive this aside, which has nothing to do with the thread proper.