Re: bug? laptop-mode-tools - mouse turns off after 3s of inactivity after last update

On 07/11/2015 at 09:04 AM, Hans wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I accidently had to reinstall laptop-mode-tools. I had to purge and
> reinstall the package.
>
> After this, I noticed, that my usb-mouse (cable), turns off after 3s
> of inactivity. This behaviour was already deccribed here in older
> forums:
>
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/130915/optical-mouse-temporarily-turns-off-when-system-is-idle
>
> and more special here
>
> https://fitzcarraldoblog.wordpress.com/2013/02/26/how-to-prevent-a-usb-mouse-auto-suspending-in-linux-when-a-laptops-power-supply-is-disconnected/
>
> However, I could not find a configuration file in laptop-mode-tools
> to prevent this behaviour.
>
> This happens only, when I am on battery, or when I am connected to
> power supply, but got no battery inserted.

Sounds like usb-autosuspend, at a glance.

I noticed that the commented line listing usb-autosuspend as a valid
option for one of the settings in /etc/laptop-mode/laptop-mode.conf
disappeared with the most recent update to that package, but I didn't
notice anything in the changelogs that would seem to explain that. (I'm
not on that laptop now, so I can't check easily.)

I really hope the option to disable USB auto-suspending hasn't
disappeared; last I checked, allowing USB autosuspend would deactivate
my mouse in exactly this way.

--
   The Wanderer