bug? laptop-mode-tools - mouse turns off after 3s of inactivity after last update

Dear list,

I accidently had to reinstall laptop-mode-tools. I had to purge and reinstall
the package.

After this, I noticed, that my usb-mouse (cable), turns off after 3s of
inactivity. This behaviour was already deccribed here in older forums:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/130915/optical-mouse-temporarily-turns-off-when-system-is-idle

and more special here

https://fitzcarraldoblog.wordpress.com/2013/02/26/how-to-prevent-a-usb-mouse-auto-suspending-in-linux-when-a-laptops-power-supply-is-disconnected/

However, I could not find a configuration file in laptop-mode-tools to prevent
this behaviour.

This happens only, when I am on battery, or when I am connected to power
supply, but got no battery inserted.

Looks like a bug, but I will only file one, if someone could confirm this.
Better would be a solution or a hint, so I can fix it myself.

Thanks for reading this.

Best

Hans