Re: Dedicated server doesn't boot, can't seem to figure out why

Linux4Bene a écrit :
> Op Mon, 06 Jul 2015 13:50:09 +0100, schreef Darac Marjal:
>
>> I suspect you want grub-efi-amd64, if you're
>> using a 64-bit PC)

grub-efi-amd64 is only for an UEFI boot. If the system boots from legacy
BIOS, you need grub-pc even on a 64-bit PC.

> I have installed grub,

In a chroot ?
Did you properly install the GRUB bootloader on both disks ?

grub-install /dev/sda
grub-install /dev/sdb

Did you run update-grub in a chroot to create a grub configuration file
in /boot/grub and did you check it ?

> but not grub-efi-amd64. I use a GPT table (not
> MBR),

Note that GPT is only required on disks larger that 2 TiB. But it's so
cool even on smaller disks. However, some BIOSes are broken and may not
boot a standard GPT disk, see
<http://www.rodsbooks.com/gdisk/bios.html#bios>

> but I don't have an efi parition,

An EFI system partition is only needed when booting from UEFI, with
grub-efi-amd64.

> only a small EF02 Bios boot
> partition as I read you need one for some Grub files when using GPT
> layout.

Small ? 24 MiB is just huge for this partition. Even 1 MiB is big.