Re: / 100% used

Beco a écrit :

> Anyway, thank you for the tips. I will consider changing /var to another
> partition.
>
> (*) Given my current set up, I think its better to bring some space from
> /home, isn't so? How many Gigas would you use (given this particular case
> in hands?)
>
> /dev/sda1        46G   12G   33G  26% / (ext4)
> /dev/sda3       864G  4.0G  816G   1% /home (ext4)
>
> Current usage:
> $ du -hc
> var = 1.1 GB (ext4)
> usr = 8.5 GB (ext4)
> tmp = 200 KB (ext4)
>
> I'm thinking of:
> var = 10 GB
> usr = 20 GB
> tmp = 10 GB

You don't really need a separate /usr. IMO is it only useful when you're
going to mount /usr read-only or when the root filesystem must be kept
small.

> Or maybe:
> var = 15 GB
> usr = 20 GB
> tmp = 5 GB

When you're unsure about filesystem sizes, you can use LVM instead of
plain partitions. Just leave some free space and grow logical volumes
when you need to. But this is a choice that is easier to make at
installation time. Converting plain partitions to LVM is not easy.

> (***) Should I trust better NetworkManager, or let the server using
> ifupdown? Or change to Wicd?

IMO, network-manager or wicd are not really useful for a server with an
ethernet connection.