Dedicated server doesn't boot, can't seem to figure out why

Hi,

I've done several attempts to install Wheezy (can't use Jessie as I want
to eventually copy a working config over from another server) on an OVH
dedicated server. It contains 2 x 2TB disks.
I boot into the rescue mode, partition the disks, set-up raid and lvm,
and then use debootstrap to install the base system. The system
afterwards fails to boot. The partitioning scheme I made with gdisk (GPT):

Number  Start (sector)    End (sector)  Size     Code  Name
   1          2048           51200   24.0 MiB    EF02  BIOS boot partition
   2         53248          512000   224.0 MiB   FD00  Linux RAID
   3        514048      3907029134   1.8 TiB     FD00  Linux RAID

Partition 2 is for /boot on /dev/md0 using /dev/sda2 and /dev/sdb2.
Filesystem is ext2. Partition 3 is for all the rest, using LVM on /dev/md1
(/dev/sda3 and /dev/sdb3).

The raid devices work, lvm works, everything seems fine, except when
rebooting after the complete install. I can then boot into rescue mode
but I have no clues as to what went wrong (probably grub?) nor can I
consult a log file.
I don't seem to have a console to view the boot process. I can only use
ssh to login to my server or rescue mode.

If I try this exact same setup method locally in Virtual box (same
install method with debootstrap), it boots without problems. I moved /
boot to it's own raid (not on lvm) because I first thought that was the
problem. I've tried specifying metadata=0.90 for the raid, and I have
tried to change the grub settings: GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID=true
Nothing works and I have no clue why.

I know it's a long shot, but any ideas as to what might be wrong?
Or is there another way I could install with using raid for this server?

Thanks.