Re: I upgraded from jessie to stretch and messed up I used the dist-upgrade command....

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 12:25:37 +0100
Michael Fothergill <michael.fothergill@googlemail.com> wrote:

> > Do you have this package installed? What does "apt-cache policy
> > linux-firmware-nonfree" say?
> >

> ​It says unable to locate linux-firmware-nonfree
>
> ie it's not installed I guess

That message means that apt-cache can't find that package at all. If
you have recently added non-free to sources.list you will need to run
"apt-get update". After doing that, it should be available to install
via "apt-get install linux-firmware-nonfree".

> ​I installed bootlogd but when I looked in /var/log there was no boot.log
> file

Did you reboot after installing bootlogd? You have to do that for it to
grab the messages.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"