Re: Fwd: Transferring files from Debian computer to android phone

Thats right I am a newbie despite having used Linux for about 10 years. I seem to have found the apt-get system very tricky to get my head round.

It does seem weird to me that transferring files between two computers is not be a basic function that does not require additional software to be downloaded.

If you are too busy no worries as AirDroid is solving the problem. On their wesite they say: 'BY VISITING THE WEBSITES OR USING THE SERVICES IN ANY MANNER, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY AND A PARTY TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT TO THE EXCLUSION OF ALL OTHER TERMS'. Taken literally that is so absurd as to make me not want to depend on their software...... why should I read their terms before even visiting their website?

Not trying to rant but trying to explain why I want to stick with Free Software despite technical challenges.

Steve

On 19 Jun 2015 12:27, "Lisi Reisz" <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
On Friday 19 June 2015 12:14:36 Steve Greig wrote:
> [...]

As things stand, you can't install jmtpfs.  You would need backports.  There
are various things you would need to do!

I am very busy over the next two days, and you need more than a quick answer.

I'll get back onto you over this and spotify in a few days time if you have
not already been satisfactorily helped and sorted out by then.

You are clearly more of a newbie than some people are allowing for.   And
jmtpfs may not be the only answer.

Lisi