Re: I upgraded from jessie to stretch and messed up I used the dist-upgrade command....

I'm running this chip with unstable and it boots fine.
Looks like testing and unstable are on the same X.org currently, but unstable is using a newer kernel.

Also I see something in dmesg about kaveri firmware being loaded, which I believe is provided by the
linux-firmware-nonfree package, in case you don't have this installed.

I added some nonfree entries to my sources.list file:​

#

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Jessie_ - Official Snapshot amd64 DVD Binary-1 20140908-06:10]/ jessie contrib main

#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Jessie_ - Official Snapshot amd64 DVD Binary-1 20140908-06:10]/ jessie contrib main

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Stretch_ - Official Snapshot amd64 DVD Binary-1 20150518-05:37]/ stretch contrib main
#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Stretch_ - Official Snapshot amd64 NETINST Binary-1 20150518-05:36]/ stretch main
deb http://ukdebian.mirror.anlx.net/debian/ stretch main contrib nonfree
deb-src http://ukdebian.mirror.anlx.net/debian/ stretch main contrib

deb http://security.debian.org/ stretch/updates main contrib nonfree
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ stretch/updates main contrib

 #jessie-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
#deb http://ukdebian.mirror.anlx.net/debian/ jessie-updates main contrib
#deb-src http://ukdebian.mirror.anlx.net/debian/ jessie-updates main contrib

# jessie-backports, previously on backports.debian.org
#deb http://ukdebian.mirror.anlx.net/debian/ jessie-backports main contrib
#deb-src http://ukdebian.mirror.anlx.net/debian/ jessie-backports main contrib​

Does the above look OK or is it a bit addled in some way?

Regards

MF​

Looks like Petter has a better handle on this stuff than I do, so follow his instructions for getting
the system to boot to the command line.

Later, Seeker

--
Climostat Ltd