Re: Still unable to get external monitor wotking on Debian 6 - was Re: Unable to install nVidia driver on Debian 6 LTS - was - Re: How to boot without GUI

On 19/06/2015, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/18/2015 03:25 AM, Petter Adsen wrote:
>
>> There are, however, no hits on bumblebee for squeeze at all, so it
>> won't help in this case. Maybe you could try to build it from source? At
>> this point that may be your only chance. If only you could do that with
>> the drivers...
>>
>> It might also be that it is (maybe for one of the reasons I listed in
>> my previous mail) incompatible with Squeeze. I just don't know, sorry.
>
> I see the same thing, https://wiki.debian.org/Bumblebee#From_repository
> It doesn't appear to be available for sqeeze.

I note also, that I used synaptic to remove all the nvidia stuff, from
the Debian 7 installation, and I removed the bumblebee stuff from that
installation, and reinstalled bumblebee on that installation, and the
Debian 7 installation also still does not detect the external monitor.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."