Re: Still unable to get external monitor wotking on Debian 6 - was Re: Unable to install nVidia driver on Debian 6 LTS - was - Re: How to boot without GUI

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 15:07:47 +0800
Bret Busby <bret.busby@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18/06/2015, Petter Adsen <petter@synth.no> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

> > As to your problem with bumblebee, I think Optimus support is
> > something that is fairly recent, and might well have come after
> > Squeeze. Maybe you will find it in backports?
> >

> A problem is that, and, I am not sure whether I indicated this in a
> content showed, I had included the backports text line, and, commented
> it out, in the sources.list file,
>
> "
> # deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian squeeze-backports main
> contrib non-free "
>
> as, with that line operational  in the sources.list file, apt
> consistently returned a "Not Found" type error, for the backports
> path.
>
> The backports path is as cited on one of the web pages with
> instructions for installing bumblebee.
>
> I am not sure, but I think that backports for squeeze, may have been
> eliminated, as part of the LTS process.

Go to https://packages.debian.org , and you can search for packages. At
the very top of the page, you can limit your search to a particular
suite or architecture, and squeeze-backports is listed there. So it
should exist. Maybe it doesn't exist on the mirror you are redirected
to, try a few specific ones.

There are, however, no hits on bumblebee for squeeze at all, so it
won't help in this case. Maybe you could try to build it from source? At
this point that may be your only chance. If only you could do that with
the drivers...

It might also be that it is (maybe for one of the reasons I listed in
my previous mail) incompatible with Squeeze. I just don't know, sorry.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"