Re: Problem with Canon FS4000US film scanner and VueScan on Wheezy

On 06/14/2015 03:54 AM, Jean-Francois Bosc wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to find some help for using a (rather old) Canon FS4000US film
scanner with VueScan. Here is my problem : I am running Debian Wheezy (32 bits),
and I have been using the scanner for quite a while under previous Debian
versions. Now VueScan doesn't detect the scanner any more, it says "No scanner
was found attached to your computer". I suppose the problem appeared when I
upgraded from Squeeze to Wheezy (I'm not 100% sure since I don't use the scanner
very often, but what else could it be ?)

You might check to see if your user is still a member of the scanner group. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html