Re: CUPS set-up for the 0.01%

On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 12:35:57 +0100
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> The server listens *on* one or more interfaces. Each interface has a
> single network address. 192.168.1.0/24 isn't a single network address.

ty, i now have access to server.

i have cups-client installed on my client machine.

I think this is what i need in cupsd.conf to access server to actually print.

<Location />
  Order allow,deny
  Allow 192.168.1.0/24
</Location>

Interesting ...

I thought that I would only need cups-client, but that appears to be not true.

if you need the cups server to run to connect from the _client_ machine, why isn't the cups package required by cups-client ?

i have an ethernet printer, i can't for the life of me figure out how to tell cups what the IP address of the printer is...

Brian