CUPS set-up for the 0.01%

using the Debian how-to.

    Now you can add a printer by going to

    http://localhost:631/

no i can't.

however... i did find that for some bizarre reason my localhost interface was not set to auto, so i had to add it.  i'm relatively sure that something in my network set-up is fragile and if i auto lo, that it breaks my network.  i'll have to investigate, but adding it manually didn't seem to be a problem.

once i did that, and verified operation using ping, i get connection refused when trying to connect to 631.

nothing shows up in /var/logs/cups/access_log.

form cupsd.conf

Listen localhost:631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
Listen 192.168.1.0/24

# Default authentication type, when authentication is required...
DefaultAuthType Basic

# Web interface setting...
WebInterface Yes

Brian