Re: CUPS set-up for the 0.01%

On 13/06/15 03:16 PM, briand@aracnet.com wrote:
using the Debian how-to.

     Now you can add a printer by going to

     http://localhost:631/

no i can't.

however... i did find that for some bizarre reason my localhost interface was not set to auto, so i had to add it.  i'm relatively sure that something in my network set-up is fragile and if i auto lo, that it breaks my network.  i'll have to investigate, but adding it manually didn't seem to be a problem.

once i did that, and verified operation using ping, i get connection refused when trying to connect to 631.

nothing shows up in /var/logs/cups/access_log.

form cupsd.conf

Listen localhost:631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
Listen 192.168.1.0/24

# Default authentication type, when authentication is required...
DefaultAuthType Basic

# Web interface setting...
WebInterface Yes

Brian

I'm not actually grasping some fundamental questions here.
1) where is your printer? I get the impression that it is attached to a computer on the network and not your local machine.
2) what type of printer is it?
3) is your network otherwise working? Can you browse the Internet, attach network shares, etc.?