SOLVED Re: adding network printer SOLVED

On 15-06-09 8:15 PM, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> Have you used this printer with lpd before?
>
> Everything I find on Google says it only speaks a proprietary protocol
> called bjnp.
>
> Which should be covered by the cups-backend-bjnp package.
>
> http://setdosa.blogspot.se/2009/02/setting-up-canon-pixma-mx850-on-ubuntu.html

And the hat's off to Sven Arvidsson for this really, truly, wonderful,
no hassle find.

Awesome. I just printed the test page in less than 5 minutes.

When you consider I spent, between two days, about 8 hours; this is
truly wonderful.

I'm of two minds; whether I should have asked earlier, save some time.
Or, not come quickly with all questions without first trying to solve
stuff. I suppose the answer is a sensible balance.

But thanks, Sven, thanks a whole lot.

At this point, I think I'm almost done making this switch. And I thank
you very much, Mr. Arvidsson.

And as well to all those who pitched in.