Re: HELP! Cannot use mouse or keyboard any more

I've gotten some help on the Ubuntu list, and can start the system by putting "term" at the end of the grub menu "linux" line.  My daemons all start normally, and I can log in via SSH on the LAN.

Unfortunately, while "start lightdm" causes X to display a login screen, everything is frozen at that point, including the daemons that had been running.  Ping even suddenly reports no route to that host.  Still, this is information and progress of a sort.

--
Kevin O'Gorman
#define QUESTION ((bb) || (!bb))   /* Shakespeare */