32to64 decision

i have an old small office server providing dhcp/dns/squid/custom cyrus debs/postfix/samba services which at the time of lenny did not have enough ram to choose the 64bit version.
now that i've managed to get more ram into it i'd like to migrate it to 64bit. nothing really requires 64bit but rather i feel more peace of mind knowing i'm getting rid of the last 32bit box.

which path should i choose:

wheezy32 > wheezy64 > jessie64
OR
wheezy32 > jessie32 > jessie64?

which one should be easier?

I previously did a wheezy32 > wheezy64 for it's backup box and went ok, even if there is no comprehensive updated howto documentation available (or wasn't I able to find it, if it exists). i am wondering if jessie 32to64 is anyway smoother than wheezy 32to64.

tia