Re: Laptops, UEFI, Secure Boot and Debian

On Tuesday 26 May 2015 05:15:10 Bret Busby wrote:
> On 26/05/2015, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> The matter was explained in a response in the pertinent thread, to the
> >> message of which I posted a copy in this thread.
> >>
> >> Apparently, the crashing of the web browser, was due to some malicious
> >> flash file that Inshite had on their web site home page.
> >
> >  [snip rant]
> >
> >> So, it can be a problem with the exception handling methodologies that
> >> are taught and implemented, apart from the designing of web sites that
> >> are malicious, and, the two combined, cause instability.
> >
> > I am tempted to descend to your level of vulgarity.  That website works
> > perfectly in all three of the browsers I have installed, even when denied
> > cookies.
>
> So, does the web site that you see, involve a flash thing?
>
> Or, have they removed it?
>
> Also, have you tried accessing the web site with the web browsers
> Arora and Rekonq?
>
> And, if so, are you running those two browsers on Debian 6 LTS, in
> their status for that version of Debian Linux?
>
> And, have you viewed the response in the thread to which I had
> referred, that indicated the lilkely cause of the particular problem?
>
> Since you seem to want to turn this into a personal affront against
> me, perhaps it would be better, if you tried to find whether other
> people had encountered the same or a similar, problem, with that web
> site, before indicating that it is all my fault.

I object to your language.  Both the swearing and the constant unwarranted use
of the word malicious.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

Whether or not there is indeed a corner case problem, is irrelevant to my
objection.

Lisi