Re: Laptops, UEFI, Secure Boot and Debian

On Monday 25 May 2015 20:56:58 Bret Busby wrote:
> On 26/05/2015, Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2015-05-26 at 00:59 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> >> But, in going to the company web site, I found the web site to be one
> >> of those malicious web sites, that crash web browsers (the web browser
> >> starts displaying the home page of the web site, and then crashes,
> >> while downloading the home page of the web site, and, I have tried to
> >> access that web site, a number of times, and, each time, it crashed
> >> the web browser), and so, I have no confidence in that company. Its
> >> software is defective, and, its web site is malicious.
> >> "
> >
> > Works fine here. Pretty sure that's a bug in your browser ;)
>
> The matter was explained in a response in the pertinent thread, to the
> message of which I posted a copy in this thread.
>
> Apparently, the crashing of the web browser, was due to some malicious
> flash file that Inshite had on their web site home page.
 [snip rant]
> So, it can be a problem with the exception handling methodologies that
> are taught and implemented, apart from the designing of web sites that
> are malicious, and, the two combined, cause instability.

I am tempted to descend to your level of vulgarity.  That website works
perfectly in all three of the browsers I have installed, even when denied
cookies.

Incidentally the word shite, you so pleasantly use, may perhaps be an
existant, though vulgar, word (though my spell-checker doesn't know it).
Microshite and Inshite, in your sense, are most definitely not.

Lisi