discuss debian 's attitude to ppa

Yesterday I installed the LMDE(Linux Mint based Debian Jessie),which is a rolling release issued by Linux Mint! The installation is of no question! But when I want to install openyoudao from ppa , it returns me "not support ppa"!

So I search it ! Although I don't find some real proof , but I can see one thing ! Maybe debian will not support ppa , because in the talk of Neil McGovern, he says some weakness of ppa! And from the development of Debian ,
ppa's development seems to be not able to ensure its stablity!

What's your opinion?
mudongliang