Re: no more sound cards

On Fri, 22 May 2015, Sven Arvidsson wrote:

Not sure what is going on here, but you seem to have oss sound, instead
of alsa?

  hi Sven,
  I had both oss and alsa packages installed, and apparently not broken.
  I tried "aptitude reinstall" for alsa packages, but this gave nothing.
  I could at last get a fix doing:
    1/ purge all oss packages
    2/ purge all alsa packages (alsa-base alsa-utils libsox-fmt-alsa osspd-alsa}
    3/ install these packages
   After that, all sound cards reappeared. I don't know whether step 1/ was
   useful or not.
   I don't tag this thread as "Solved" as I still don't know how this problem
   occured. I had unattended upgrade enabled, but I thought it only deals
   with security issues, and I found nothing looking at all logs for the night of
   May 21 to 22.

   Thanks for your help.

cheers
--