Re: discuss debian 's attitude to ppa

Hi,

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 01:58:16PM +0800, mudongliang wrote:
> Yesterday I installed the LMDE(Linux Mint based Debian Jessie),which is a
> rolling release issued by Linux Mint!

LMDE is based on Debian but not exactly a Debian.  It's Linux Mint.

> The installation is of no question! But when I want to install openyoudao
> from ppa , it returns me "not support ppa"!
>
> So I search it ! Although I don't find some real proof , but I can see one
> thing ! Maybe debian will not support ppa ,

PPA created by Debian and based on Debian will be supported but that
still has not been created.  Random PPA style archive is not supported
although some binaries may work.

> because in the talk of Neil McGovern, he says some weakness of ppa! And from
> the development of Debian ,
> ppa's development seems to be not able to ensure its stablity!

I do not know what you are talking about, but I thought Neil is pushing
to create PPA asa paert of service.

Osamu