Re: jesse partitioner

On Sat, 16 May 2015 17:16:20 +0200
Petter Adsen <petter@synth.no> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 May 2015 10:24:52 -0400
> Bob McKittrick <mckitt1943@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > after installing jesse and it boots, the bios kicks out the drive. I
>
> What do you mean by "the bios kicks out the drive"? What happens, and
> what (if any) relevant log messages do you see?

On Sat, 16 May 2015 18:59:23 -0400
Bob McKittrick <mckitt1943@gmail.com> wrote:

> the bios disables the drive (with message) and the boot stops.
> bob McKittrick

(Bob, please send your replies to the list, so that more people can see
your answers and contribute.)

What message do you get? Also, can you boot the system from CD/USB
stick, mount the root file system (if you can see the drive), and
examine /var/log/boot.log, /var/log/kern.log and /var/log/dmesg for
anything that seems relevant.

Any information you can give us will help us to help you. We need the
exact error messages, and other relevant messages and warnings.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"