Re: How to type in Chinese?

> On Tuesday 19 May 2015 09:09:25 张启德(Zhang Qide) wrote:
>> It's not recommend to use scim, thoungh it's still work.
>
> This is interesting.  I'd be interested in why.  Once scim is going, it seems
> to work well in Japanese - but that doesn't, of course, mean that it does in
> Chinese.  For a start, there is the big difference that Chinese has ideograms
> only.

The main reason is scim for Chinese is almost unmaintained. I don't
have enough knowledge about  Korean and Japanese status in scim.
Nowdays, almost all major distributions have switched to ibus, it
supports more input method and works better than scim under GNOME/KDE.

There are some better discussions,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_Input_Bus
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/IBus
https://blogs.gnome.org/happyaron/2011/01/15/linux-input-method-brief-summary/

Fcitx and uim is just another good choice for Chinese and Japanese.

Regards,
Zhang Qide