Re: Openbox: which packages install to have sound?

>> after installing the packages (- bluez-alsa) you need to configure alsa
>> by creating .asoundrc file
>
> Thanks, but I don't know how.

I'm running openbox on my Wheezy systems at home (a ThinkPad and a
massive workstation) and haven't needed to create an .asoundrc file.

>> or, if the default device is correct, use alsamixer to turn on volumes of the
>> default card.
>
> By running alxamixer I turned all volumes on.  But still no sound.

Other questions:

1) What is your sound card's make/model?
2) What are you using as a listening device, ie headphones, basic
multimedia speakers, stereo receiver?
3) Did you check your connections.  Are your (assuming) speakers
plugged into the audio OUT of your soundcard, and not MIC or Line IN?
4) Did you check volume levels on speakers?

--
Pete Orrall
pete@cs1x.com