Re: Openobex: which packages install to have sound?

Rodolfo Medina writes:

> Thanks, but still no sound when running mplayer.  What's missing?  I did:
>
>  # aptitude install alsa-base alsa-oss alsa-tools alsa-tools-gui alsa-utils alsamixergui bluez-alsa gstreamer0.10-alsa libalsaplayer0 libasound2 libasound2-data libasound2-dev libasound2-plugins libsox-fmt-alsa python-alsaaudio
>
> .  Besides, it complains `No candidate version found for bluez-alsa'.

you did not mention what output device you try to use.  bluetooth sound
does not work in jessie. bluez-alsa was leftover from my wheezy upgrade.

after installing the packages (- bluez-alsa) you need to configure alsa
by creating .asoundrc file or, if the default device is correct, use
alsamixer to turn on volumes of the default card.

-- juha