Re: Mysql Access Problems after Jessie Upgrade

On Sun, 10 May 2015 18:17:27 +0100
Alan Chandler <alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> wrote:

Hello Alan,

>The plot thickens - After working during the week, I came to view
>Mythtv again today and it is refusing connection to the database again.

The following may, or may not, be of use to you (taken from the Debian
Multimedia mailing list - credit to Stephan Sürken);

  in jessie "/var/run/mythtv/" seems to pre-exists at boot time with the
  "x" flag missing at the time the init script runs:

  drw-r-xr-x  2 mythtv root  40 May 10 12:41 .

  -- which makes the backend fail to start (pidfile perms).

  Any idea what causes this?

and in a follow up, also from Stephan;

  fwiw: I found it ;):

  systemctl disable monit

  fixes this on my system. Seems monit runs before and messes around with
  the pid path.

--
 Regards  _
I'll tell you something, I think that you should know