Re: Mysql Access Problems after Jessie Upgrade

On 03/05/15 19:59, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
Alan Chandler <alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> wrote:

Hi Alan,

Today I am having database connection problems.

Using mysql client to connect to my server "owl.home"

   mysql --host=owl.home --user=mythtv --password=XXXXXX mythconverg
ERROR 2013 (HY000): Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading
authorization packet', system error: 0
Not using mysql myself, but this error seems familiar. I have seen it
when a Percona upgrade suddenly started using libwrap (hosts.allow) and
it was hit by our standard DENY all block.

At least mysql-server-core-5.5 in Jessie is linked against libwrap0.

Do you see error messages connecting in /var/log/auth.log?
Nothing related to mysql. There are some cron and sshd entries and an occassional systemd-logind entry

Do you have /etc/hosts.allow / hosts.deny non-standard?

Both appear empty (other than comments)

Bernhard

--
Alan Chandler