Re: Mysql Access Problems after Jessie Upgrade

On 04/05/15 11:51, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
Alan Chandler <alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> wrote:

Hi,

Do you have /etc/hosts.allow / hosts.deny non-standard?
Both appear empty (other than comments)

So I added a line

ALL: 127.0.0. 192.168.0.

to /etc/hosts.allow

and everything started working again

Not sure if I need to include the 127.0.0 to allow connections from
localhost but at least it appears to work
Weird, I wasn't aware of libwrap blocking anything by default.

Bernhard

The plot thickens - After working during the week, I came to view Mythtv again today and it is refusing connection to the database again.

So  do a
mysql --host=owl.home --user=mythtv --password=xxxxxx mythconverg
again, and am getting the old error
ERROR 2013 (HY000): Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading authorization packet', system error: 0

But this time /etc/hosts.allow have the stanza I mention above it in

I am baffled - and I can't find any log entry to indicate something is wrong.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk