Re: /etc/environment not available for normal user while for root it is[was Re: sudo not respecting /etc/sudoers]

Le quartidi 14 floréal, an CCXXIII, Avinash Sonawane a écrit :
> So will it work if I add `auth            required        pam_env.so`
> to lightdm, lightdm-greeter and lightdm-autologin files?

Try.

> So I should file this against jessie, lightdm or xfce(as in GNOME
> /etc/environment was getting loaded as expected)?

Against the package that provides the faulty configuration file.

> Also as suggested in previous thread I added these lines in .bashrc:
> . /etc/environment
> export http_proxy https_proxy ftp_proxy
>
> and the workaround works!
>
> Is there any risk in using this workaround?

Yes, several. The configuration will not apply to some situations where it
should apply, and it will apply to some situations where it should not.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George