Re: [Debian 8.0 Installation] Firmware files on USB stick with debian iso

Quoting Avinash Sonawane (rootkea@gmail.com):
> A new development:
>
> Now I have managed to create a separate FAT partition using fdisk
> which is holding the
>  firmware files. The reason why earlier I couldn't is because I used
> default block values from fdisk.
>
> Start partition at block more that size of iso - #debian IRC
>
> Now installer to begins smoothly but it says no firmware was found
> though I can see the damn firmware directory in newly created FAT
> partition.
>
> Any pointers?

It's difficult for me to figure out what you've ended up with.

Anyway, when you copy the iso file to /dev/sdb, I think you'll find
that the stick has two partitions, sdb1 is readonly ISO9660 and sdb2
is a vfat. You could try copying the drivers (like brcm/bcm43xx-0.fw)
into that vfat partition. I would copy that one, for example, both at
top level and under brcm. I think the firmware loader has a pretty
good look around for any files it wants.

Then, when you get to the stage that it asks for firmware, two things
might happen: it finds everything and carries on silently, or else
it stops and asks, in which case, VC4 should show you where it has
looked, which might help. (If it's scrolled off, then go to VC2 and
look at /var/log/syslog)

Cheers,
David.