[Debian 8.0 Installation] Firmware files on USB stick with debian iso

Hi! Debian n00b here!

I am trying to install Debian 8.0 on my system. While installing it
reported some firmware being missing (more specifically
brcm/bcm43xx-0.fw) so I downloaded the firmware files from
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/firmware/jessie/current/

I am using USB stick as an installation media which I accomplished using
$ dd if=<debian.iso_file_name> of=/dev/sdb bs=4M; sync

After which two partitions /dev/sdb1(4 GB) and /dev/sdb2 (426 KB) got
created automatically with 3.8GB of free space remaining on the stick.
Now as mentioned in the Debian Installation Guide
(https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch04s03.html.en#usb-copy-isohybrid)
I want to have those firmware files on the same USB stick since I have
only one USB port working.

I tried using disks, gparted. But both threw warnings and errors about
GPT table.
"Error: The backup GPT table is not at the end of the disk, as it
should be.  This might mean that another operating system believes the
disk is smaller.  Fix, by moving the backup to the end (and removing
the old backup)?" I went along the suggested "fix" options but
couldn't create another partition.

So then I tried fdisk to create a FAT partition to hold firmware
files. It did threw a warning but allowed me to create a partition.
"WARNING: GPT (GUID Partition Table) detected on '/dev/sdb'! The util
fdisk doesn't support GPT. Use GNU Parted."

But then after mounting, copying firmware directory on new FAT
partition when I tried to install from USB stick it reported an error
saying "isolinux.bin missing or corrupt" and refused to boot from the
stick. I am pretty sure it has something to do with the newly created
FAT partition and the firmware files copied on it. As initially
without firmware files (and the new FAT partition) installation was
going smooth.

Please direct me to any pointers on to how to have firmware files on
USB stick alongside Debian installable image.

Thank you.

Avinash Sonawane (RootKea)
PICT, Pune
http://rootkea.wordpress.com