Re: [Debian 8.0 Installation] Firmware files on USB stick with debian iso

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 9:18 PM, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
> On 2015-04-29, Avinash Sonawane <rootkea@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not sure which iso you downloaded. If it was the netinst version
>>> from https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/debian-installer/
>>> take a look further down the page where there's a panel with a red
>>> cross. Here you can get the netinst iso with firmware included within
>>> it. bcm43xx-0.fw 96224 Jun 15  2014 is in there.
>>
>> I downloaded http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/8.0.0/amd64/iso-dvd/debian-8.0.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso
>> whose integrity I checked using sha512sum, sha256sum and md5sum. I
>> also verifies gpg signatures for the same. So I am pretty sure I have
>> the official Debian 8.0 dvd1 iso.
>>
>> I am stuck at how to create a separate partition to hold the firmware
>> files as mentioned in Debian Installation guide.
>>

> Yes, you have the official iso, but in order to obviate the difficulties
> you're encountering, David is saying you have the option of downloading the
> unofficial iso with the firmware included (that way you're off and
> running to the races without further ado).
>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/8.0.0/amd64/iso-cd/firmware-8.0.0-amd64-netinst.iso

 I am sorry if I came as rude.

Yes. I am aware of the debian images with firmware included. The
reason why I don't want to use that I think they are netinstall images
only. And being a student in developing country I am afraid I can't
manage the internet needed for the installation. So I would be
thankful if you could suggest away to have a firmware work with amd64
dvd1 iso (which I got from a friend)

Thank you.

Avinash Sonawane (RootKea)
PICT, Pune