Re: [Debian 8.0 Installation] Firmware files on USB stick with debian iso

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 9:50 PM, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

> But my workaround (to reduce bandwidth as much as I could) would be to
> install with firmware-netinst as far as the first reboot and then use
> the DVD you've got from then on.

But then won't Debian will be downloading all the packages from
internet while installing from netinst image? Can I use the existing
amd64 dvd1 iso then? (instead of downloading packages extract from the
dvd1 iso)

But then just to have a single 10MB firmware file is it really cool to
download the whole netinst image?

--
Avinash Sonawane (RootKea)
PICT, Pune