Re: no ntp installed

Am 28.04.2015 um 16:38 schrieb Michael Biebl:

An alternative is, to use systemd-timesyncd.service, which is already
shipped in the systemd package, but disabled by default.

It's more lightweight then ntp and doesn't do all the fancy tricks ntp
does. It also doesn't provide an NTP server.
For most users timesyncd should be sufficient, so you can just run

  $ systemctl enable systemd-timesyncd.service
  $ systemctl start systemd-timesyncd.service

Thank you for this hint. I will try this in favor of ntp. Lets see how that works. How can I montior this service to check if it works correctly?

By the way, is there a comprehensive documentation for all the systemd services which are available.

Matthias